Friday, January 10, 2014

The Shtuff,State Of The Blog Update


So here we are once again...in January.The present future or the future present of 2014 is just down the road and I think it's time to take account on what's been happening.First of all,2013 was quite a year.I managed to continue to keep this blog going almost every week which kept me motivated and inspired throughout the year. Once again,thank you guys a lot for still coming back here to visit whenever I did post. 2013 was by far my best year on the blog to date and it wouldn't happen without your peepers! 

2013 was also great on the convention side of things as the comic scene really showed that there is not only a great community of people out there willing to support Irish comics but also that we can throw a damn good show too! Dublin Comic Con and DICE being particular highlights for me. I also got to exhibit at two conventions this year thanks to Epic con and Octocon staff's cooperation. Hopefully,this trend continues into the new year with MCM at the RDS and Shamrocon (Eurocon) to follow.

With me personally,there was some good with the bad. Plans I had set aside for a potential pitch didn't work out,being happy with my style but still refining it,project briefs going nowhere,lack of emails for said briefs and just plain feeling lost.It happens.However I suppose the latter half of the year was more positive as I just had to move on from that and just...do what I had to do! As simple as that sounds,this really helped. In return, it did led me to pick myself up to learn more programs and more importantly....write!

This year will definitely be more project driven which unfortuately means this blog won't be updated a lot in the coming months but I will continue to post as often as I can on the facebook page here!
If you haven't liked it already,please do! 

In short,you can expect more comics,illustrations,a long awaited redesign,illustrated blogs,
animations (maybe..) and perhaps a something something something...

That's all I can type for now. Later strangers.

..........

My facebook page

Twitter

2 comments:

  1. 2013 sounded like a really great year for you. I hope 2014 can be as interesting as the last one. Also hope you keep updating this blog, you are very talented. Cheers!
    http://www.theartofkaroline.blogspot.no/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Karoline,thanks! I've much more on the way in the latter half of the year for sure.

      Delete